Music News (6,642)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HOUSE MUSIC IS BLACK AMERICAN MUSIC

By Piotr Orlov • October 22, 2018 In case you don’t know — and chances are pretty good that if you aren’t from Chicago or a house music-he…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 23, 2018

Fela Kuti's Son Checks Kanye West For Mentioning Father's Spirit

By Kyle Eustice • October 21, 2018 Fela Kuti’s family isn’t playing when it comes to Kanye West. After Fela’ son Seun Kuti caught wind of…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 22, 2018

After Backlash, ABC Retracts Article Claiming David Guetta As "The Grandfather of Electronic House Music"

The word gets out quick these days. After ABC Nightline segment pronounced David Guetta as the "Grandfather of Electronic Dance Music", ba…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 22, 2018

The O'Jays Announce Final Album with Politically-Charged New Single

BY ZO • October 22, 2018 The O’Jays are hanging it up. Capping 50 years, 30 studio albums, and countless unforgettable cuts, the Ohio-bred…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 22, 2018

Watch Wu-Tang Clan Reunite, Perform '36 Chambers' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'

BY ZO • October 22, 2018 For the entirety of this past week, Jimmy Kimmel has been filming his late-night show live and direct from Brookl…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 22, 2018

Hear Marvin Gaye Croon Over J Dilla Classics on a New Mashup Mixtape

BY ZO • October 22, 2018 If the emergence of that horrific Kendrick x Aha twist-up has proved anything, it’s that the mash is alive and we…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 22, 2018

Stream Khalid's New EP 'Suncity'

BY DIMAS SANFIORENZO • October 20, 2018 It’s been more than a year since Khalid released his standout debut album, American Teen. The sing…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 20, 2018

Method Man, Raekwon & Ghostface Show Love With Verses On Teyana Taylor’s Remix (Audio)

BY JAKE PAINE • OCTOBER 19, 2018 Wu-Tang Clan is as busy as they’ve ever been. Even without a 2018 album, the collective is celebrating 25…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 20, 2018

Watch Chromeo Bring The Funk For Their 'Tiny Desk Concert' Debut

BY ELIJAH C. WATSON • October 20, 2018 If you’re missing some funk this Friday, Chromeo has got you covered. The duo made their Tiny Desk…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 20, 2018

Watch All the 2018 BET Hip-Hop Awards Performances

By LEGEND • October 16, 2018 As you may have seen, the 2018 BET Hip-Hop Awards went down tonight and with the event, there were plenty of…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Oct 18, 2018

RSS

Best guide to hip hop, soul, reggae concerts & events in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles & New York City + music, videos, radio and more

Connect

Subscribe to E-Blast

WIN TICKETS

Andre 3000
Saturday, Oct 5 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

KRS-One
Thursday, Oct 17 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Musiq Soulchild
Friday-Friday, Oct 18-25 @ Yoshi's. Oakland

PJ Morton
Wedneday, Oct 23 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Chante Moore
Sunday, Oct 26 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Qveen Herby
Saturday, Nov 2 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Artistpr posted a blog post

October's Culture's Negro Spiritual

Greensboro, Al — October’s Culture is working on a Spiritual uprising, Useing their talents to place themself in an uncategorized category.In October, the spirit of the artist comes alive as they navigate a cultural landscape fraught with contrasts, embodying a…See More
5 hours ago
Editor's Pick posted discussions
23 hours ago
Editor's Pick posted videos
yesterday
An event by DJ SEP was featured
Thumbnail

The English Beat, with DJ Sep at The Guild Theatre at The Guild Theatre

October 12, 2024 from 7pm to 11:45pm
The English Beat first came to prominence as founding members of the British Two Tone/Ska movement, with their classic first album “Just Can’t Stop It” fitting squarely in that genre. Along with their contemporaries The Specials, The Selecter, and Madness, the band became an overnight sensation and one of the most popular and influential bands of that movement. The Beat’s unique sound has allowed it to endure for nearly four decades and appeal to fans, young and old, all over the world. Over…See More
yesterday
yesterday
Monday
Saturday
Tampa Mystic posted a blog post

Ottawa’s Taz Benti drops “Fall 4 You” Video

Ottawa's Taz returns with a new single "Fall 4 You" produced by Denysxw_beats. The video was shot in Miami. Fall 4 You was created, I never heard of him but when I heard the Beat , is when I just know , this is how I make most of my music . I hear a beat then I put words to the music. I recorded this song in 1 hour with a producer named Daniel…See More
Friday
An event by Editor's Pick was featured
Thumbnail

Prof at UC Theatre, Berkeley

October 8, 2024 from 7pm to 11pm
Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Prof GRIP, Norman San, Willie Wonka Hip-Hop/Rap@ UC Theatre, Berkeley Doors: 7:00pm • Show: 8:00pm>> BUY TICKETSSee More
Friday
Editor's Pick posted an event
Thumbnail

Prof at UC Theatre, Berkeley

October 8, 2024 from 7pm to 11pm
Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Prof GRIP, Norman San, Willie Wonka Hip-Hop/Rap@ UC Theatre, Berkeley Doors: 7:00pm • Show: 8:00pm>> BUY TICKETSSee More
Friday
DJ SEP posted an event
Thumbnail

The English Beat, with DJ Sep at The Guild Theatre at The Guild Theatre

October 12, 2024 from 7pm to 11:45pm
The English Beat first came to prominence as founding members of the British Two Tone/Ska movement, with their classic first album “Just Can’t Stop It” fitting squarely in that genre. Along with their contemporaries The Specials, The Selecter, and Madness, the band became an overnight sensation and one of the most popular and influential bands of that movement. The Beat’s unique sound has allowed it to endure for nearly four decades and appeal to fans, young and old, all over the world. Over…See More
Friday
Editor's Pick posted videos
Oct 4

© 2024   Created by Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service