Time: February 9, 2011 at 8pm to February 10, 2011 at 12am
Location: Bollyhood Cafe, San Francisco, CA
Street: 3372 19th St (btw Mission & Capp)
City/State: San Francisco, CA
Event Type: san, francisco, ca
Organized By: Matt Haze
Latest Activity: Jan 22, 2011
JDub Records and Jewcy present MILK & HONEY – a monthly party, on second Wednesdays at Bollyhood Cafe, one of the happenin'est low-key spots in the Mission.
OPEN BAR featuring our signature cocktail plus beer, wine and sangria, and a FREE BUFFET - all while supplies last, so be sure to arrive early!
Resident DJ MATT HAZE spins hip-hop, soul, reggae, funk, cumbia, dub, Balkan, African, Middle Eastern and other sounds from around the world.
Special guests for this lovers edition include the Panamanian reggae MC ZULU performing tracks from his brand-new CROWD CONTROL EP, the feverishly eclectic FANTASMASONIC (aka Izzy from Afrolicious and Locura) bringing double trouble with a DJ set and live accompaniment on melodica and percussion, plus live painting by the one like DELVIN LEAKE KENOBE and photography by CUDUNKO.
Milk & Honey
3372 19th St (at Mission)
Wednesday, February 9th
8pm – Midnight
Open bar and buffet starting at 8pm - while supplies last
About the Artists:
Panamanian-Born MC Zulu's overall sound and vibe is one of the Caribbean immigrant who came to America, just in time to pick up on both cultures. Like any "Born Jamerican-esque" Dancehall hybrid, the fact that it's 75% party, with catchy, pop-anthem choruses will reel you in. The remaining 25% however, is why you'll respect him.
There he touches on economic and social disparities, he expresses a desire to do better; but there is also an intangible element that let's you know, no one else would write the song this way. Maybe it's his sense of humor, but there's an underlying vulnerability that makes his music altogether palatable.
MATT HAZE (Slayers Club)
Matt Haze began his DJ career in the Bronx as a husky 10 year-old, cutting up the dopest Paula Abdul and MC Hammer cassingles at his little sister’s 6th birthday party. Today, Haze will use his patented ADHD NinjaBass Tricknology to pull the dancefloor’s collective trousers down and spank the sh!t out of it. Don’t be surprised to hear Israeli dancehall, Brazilian funk, Ukrainian hip-hop or German oompahtronics in the mix.
"I am Delvin Kenobe Leake I was born in 1985 in Seattle ,Wa and raised in Fresno, Ca. My art is an ongoing journey to turn nothing into something and to bridge the gap between modern art and urban art. My pieces consist of found objects usually found amongst others trash and by using techniques such as collage, painting, transfers and abstract expression. The once forgotten object can now be seen in a different light, which is also a metaphor for my life and how its been changed by art."
"I'm here to feed your eyes and connect people.
I do it for fun, I do it for you. I see things and without hesitation, I create something out of it. If my pictures make you smile, giggle, love, feel beautiful or feel anything at all, then I've done my job!"
Made possible with support from the Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund. Promotional partnership provided by The Hub of the JCCSF.