Teacher by day, musician by night, GeoMike offers intriguing insight on catchy new single ‘Above’ 

 Electronic-driven, low-key rock vibes set against a tightly-reined frenetic energy are capturing the attention of new audiences all over the world with the new single “Above.” Coming from East Coast artist GeoMike122, the song showcases this talented musicians syncopated rap style over the top of a rapid-fire high-hat and ethereal synths for a sound that truly caresses the senses. It’s a song that makes you itch with energy. Reminiscent of a vibe made famous by David Bowie, the song explores the after-effects of a toxic and abusive relationship and offers listeners a sense of hope that there’s something brighter at the end of something tragic.  

“It was inspired by my own experience of overcoming a toxic, abusive relationship,” GeoMike said. “In the song I compare it to a fog because that’s how I felt – like I was in a mental state of fox. The partner I was with was more negative and cynical than anything else, and it took a lot of light and faith to get me through that. In the song I talk about how the fog was burned off by the sun, and in the end I rose above those experiences. I hope that my ex finds faith and searches the divine to find something not of this world – something ‘above.’” 

The song is the first off an upcoming album called “Michael Ciolino,” which is set to release on Oct. 22. It’s a project that this up-and-coming artist has been working on for the past few years in his spare time when not teaching third grade to students in the New York area. He has always had a love of music, and over the years has dabbled with different sounds and styles. Along the way he’s created a style that is certainly unique – something that he refers to as “Sound Pop.” It’s a sound that features an impressive blend of instrumentation and lyrics in ways that are equal parts intriguing and entertaining.  

“I’m trying to have my music match where I want to go in life,” Mike said. “It’s inspiring and motivating and has you question things. It’s challenging. As a teacher – and really, just as my personality – I’m always questioning things. I understand why boxes exist, but I like to think outside the box, and my music is all about advocating for you to find your own voice. I think it’s really important to have that. Music has always been inspiring to me in that way, and that’s what I want to create and provide for others. That’s why I say it’s Sound Pop – it’s genre-less. I’m a teacher who loves doing this because I love motivating people and entertaining people. We’re in a cycle where people want something that’s more original and authentic, and that’s what I hope to bring to the table.” 

To listen to GeoMike’s music, or to follow him on social media, please visit the following links: 

https://www.geomike122.com/about-me 

https://youtu.be/8BUnNC5TcnI 

https://open.spotify.com/album/00Q0USAzrEmir61tHFFErx?si=UiZP1gSwQ2iVrWpo9vKZRg&dl_branch=1 

https://soundcloud.com/geomike122 

https://usreporter.com/anticipation-builds-as-geomike122s-new-pop-album-is-set-to-be-released-on-october-22-2021/ 

https://www.tiktok.com/@geomike122? 

https://www.instagram.com/geomike122/?hl=en 

https://soundcloud.com/geomike122/above

Views: 84

▶ Reply to This

Best guide to hip hop, soul, reggae concerts & events in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles & New York City + music, videos, radio and more

Subscribe to E-Blast

WIN TICKETS

Jack Harlow
Friday, Sept 18 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Ravi Coltrane
Saturday, Sept 19 @ UC Theatre, Berkeley

Kruder & Dorfmeister
Friday, Sept 25 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Erykah Badu
Sunday, Sept 27 @ Greek Theatre, Berkeley

Lyrics Born
Friday, Oct 2 @ The Chapel, SF

Jungle
Wednesday, Oct 7 @ Greek Theatre, Berkeley

ScHoolboy Q
Friday, Oct 16 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Hugel
Saturday, Nov 7 @ Greek Theatre, Berkeley

Bonobo
Saturday, Nov 14 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Pretty Lights
Thursday-Sunday, Nov 19-21 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Ozomatli
Saturday, Nov. 21 @ UC Theatre, Berkeley

Connect

Members

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Latest Activity

Editor's Pick updated an event
Thumbnail

ScHoolboy Q (WIN TICKETS) at Fox Theater, Oakland

October 16, 2026 from 7pm to 11pm
ENTER TO WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS. WINNER WILL BE DRAWN RANDOMLY AND ANNOUNCED 2 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT.  Friday, October 16, 2026 ScHoolboy Q 10 Years of Blank Face LP@ Fox Theater, Oakland Doors: 7:00 pm | Show: 8:00 pm This event is all ages.>> BUY…See More
5 hours ago
Editor's Pick posted discussions
10 hours ago
Tampa Mystic posted a blog post

A.O. C.entral C.ommand Turns Tour Controversy Into Conversation With New Single “R&B”

Hamilton, New Jersey artist A.O. C.entral C.ommand is putting a clever spin on relationship debates and viral tour controversy with the release of his new single, “R&B.” After 16 years of professionally making music, the independent artist continues to find creative ways to turn real-life conversations into records that listeners can debate long after the song ends.Released under The Agency Headquarters, “R&B” was inspired…See More
yesterday
Editor's Pick posted discussions
yesterday
An event by PapaLoDown Agency was featured
Thumbnail

UNDISCOVERED SF Golden Hour Night Market at Victory Hall, San Francisco, CA

October 24, 2026 from 4pm to 10pm
For its tenth anniversary, UNDISCOVERED SF is bringing the night market vibes back for the first time since the pandemic. In partnership with Victory Hall, formerly known as the iconic nightclub 330 Ritch, this year's themes "Golden Hour" and "Made With Mahal," make an intimate but electric return. With DJ sets by Hoochi, Vieux Carre, Boogie Brown, and performance by The Top Chefs of Live on The Stoop. Then step inside Victory Hall for a special exhibition honoring the history of 330 Ritch, the…See More
Monday
PapaLoDown Agency updated their profile
Monday
PapaLoDown Agency and Postman Ali are now friends
Monday
PapaLoDown Agency posted an event
Thumbnail

UNDISCOVERED SF Golden Hour Night Market at Victory Hall, San Francisco, CA

October 24, 2026 from 4pm to 10pm
For its tenth anniversary, UNDISCOVERED SF is bringing the night market vibes back for the first time since the pandemic. In partnership with Victory Hall, formerly known as the iconic nightclub 330 Ritch, this year's themes "Golden Hour" and "Made With Mahal," make an intimate but electric return. With DJ sets by Hoochi, Vieux Carre, Boogie Brown, and performance by The Top Chefs of Live on The Stoop. Then step inside Victory Hall for a special exhibition honoring the history of 330 Ritch, the…See More
Monday
Editor's Pick posted discussions
Saturday
Editor's Pick updated an event
Thumbnail

Lyrics Born (WIN TICKETS) at The Chapel, SF

October 2, 2026 from 6pm to 7pm
ENTER TO WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS. WINNER WILL BE DRAWN RANDOMLY AND ANNOUNCED 2 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT.  Friday, October 2The LB Baby TourLyrics Born  The Chapel SF (all ages) Doors: 8:00PM | Show: 9:00PMTickets & info: https://tinyurl.com/y2ubfyyb…See More
Friday
Editor's Pick posted discussions
Friday
Tracey updated an event
Thumbnail

Lyrics Born at The Chapel SF 10/2 at The Chapel, San Francisco

October 2, 2026 from 9pm to 11:30pm
Lyrics Born brings The LB Baby Tour to The Chapel on Friday, October 2nd. With SundaY.See More
Oct 1

© 2026   Created by Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service