Music News (6,642)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO HIP-HOP ICON BIG DADDY KANE!

BY SHA BE ALLAH • SEPTEMBER 10, 2018 Today marks the 50th birthday of Grammy Award-winning lyricist Big Daddy Kane! Born on this day in 19…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 10, 2018

Ace Clark Shows Signs Of Greatness On A Jazzy Collabo With Talib Kweli & Joell Ortiz (Audio)

BY MICHAEL BLAIR • AUGUST 15, 2018 Gang Starr’s Guru once professed on “Moment of Truth”, “Cultivate, multiply, motivate or else we’ll die…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 8, 2018

Black Thought, Phonte & Rhymefest Are Forming A Hip Hop Supergroup

By Trent Clark • September 6, 2018 As Hip Hop heads come to grips that Slaughterhouse has literally gone the way of livestock turned to fo…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 7, 2018

EMINEM'S NIGHTMARISH 'FALL' VIDEO SIGNIFIES THE RETURN OF SLIM SHADY

BY MADELINE ROTH • 09/04/2018 Eminem surprise-released his tenth album, Kamikaze, last week, and the biggest surprise on it may have been…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 6, 2018

Watch Black Thought Perform at Hiero Day

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 5, 2018

Logic Freestyles Over Method Man’s Beat & Brings Even More Pain (Video)

BY NICOLE CORMIER • AUGUST 28, 2018 These days, Logic may be known for his chart-topping projects and Grammy nominations, but it was his c…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 5, 2018

Mistah F.A.B. May Be The Greatest Off The Top Freestyler EVER. This Will Sway You (Video)

BY BANDINI • AUGUST 28, 2018 Few MCs have bodied Sway In The Morning‘s “5 Fingers Of Death” challenge as many times as Mistah Fab. Given S…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 4, 2018

DJ Green Lantern Makes A Slick Remix To Nas’ Biggest Song Of 2018 (Audio)

BY BANDINI • AUGUST 28, 2018 DJ Green Lantern has been Nas’ DJ for years. The accomplished mixmaster who has worked with Eminem, The LOX,…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 4, 2018

Erick Sermon Previews His Next Album With A Verse That’s As Hard As His Beats (Video)

BY JAKE PAINE • AUGUST 27, 2018 In addition to new EPMD sneakers, Erick Sermon has been busy promoting his eighth solo album. Now titled V…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 4, 2018

Rakim Speaks About Why Artists & Athletes Should Fight For Justice (Audio)

BY BONITA • AUGUST 29, 2018 More than 30 years ago, Rakim raised the bar of rapping. The Long Island, New Yorker is regularly associated w…

Started by Editor's Pick

0 Sep 1, 2018

RSS

Best guide to hip hop, soul, reggae concerts & events in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles & New York City + music, videos, radio and more

Connect

Subscribe to E-Blast

WIN TICKETS

Andre 3000
Saturday, Oct 5 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

KRS-One
Thursday, Oct 17 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Musiq Soulchild
Friday-Friday, Oct 18-25 @ Yoshi's. Oakland

PJ Morton
Wedneday, Oct 23 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Chante Moore
Sunday, Oct 26 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Qveen Herby
Saturday, Nov 2 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Editor's Pick posted discussions
14 hours ago
Editor's Pick posted videos
yesterday
An event by DJ SEP was featured
Thumbnail

The English Beat, with DJ Sep at The Guild Theatre at The Guild Theatre

October 12, 2024 from 7pm to 11:45pm
The English Beat first came to prominence as founding members of the British Two Tone/Ska movement, with their classic first album “Just Can’t Stop It” fitting squarely in that genre. Along with their contemporaries The Specials, The Selecter, and Madness, the band became an overnight sensation and one of the most popular and influential bands of that movement. The Beat’s unique sound has allowed it to endure for nearly four decades and appeal to fans, young and old, all over the world. Over…See More
yesterday
yesterday
Monday
Saturday
Tampa Mystic posted a blog post

Ottawa’s Taz Benti drops “Fall 4 You” Video

Ottawa's Taz returns with a new single "Fall 4 You" produced by Denysxw_beats. The video was shot in Miami. Fall 4 You was created, I never heard of him but when I heard the Beat , is when I just know , this is how I make most of my music . I hear a beat then I put words to the music. I recorded this song in 1 hour with a producer named Daniel…See More
Friday
An event by Editor's Pick was featured
Thumbnail

Prof at UC Theatre, Berkeley

October 8, 2024 from 7pm to 11pm
Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Prof GRIP, Norman San, Willie Wonka Hip-Hop/Rap@ UC Theatre, Berkeley Doors: 7:00pm • Show: 8:00pm>> BUY TICKETSSee More
Friday
Editor's Pick posted an event
Thumbnail

Prof at UC Theatre, Berkeley

October 8, 2024 from 7pm to 11pm
Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Prof GRIP, Norman San, Willie Wonka Hip-Hop/Rap@ UC Theatre, Berkeley Doors: 7:00pm • Show: 8:00pm>> BUY TICKETSSee More
Friday
DJ SEP posted an event
Thumbnail

The English Beat, with DJ Sep at The Guild Theatre at The Guild Theatre

October 12, 2024 from 7pm to 11:45pm
The English Beat first came to prominence as founding members of the British Two Tone/Ska movement, with their classic first album “Just Can’t Stop It” fitting squarely in that genre. Along with their contemporaries The Specials, The Selecter, and Madness, the band became an overnight sensation and one of the most popular and influential bands of that movement. The Beat’s unique sound has allowed it to endure for nearly four decades and appeal to fans, young and old, all over the world. Over…See More
Friday
Editor's Pick posted videos
Friday
realmuzik posted a discussion

BravoOneHunnit Drops New Album “Financial Strands”

Southern hip hop artist BravoOneHunnit has once again graced the music scene with his latest album titled, “Financial Strands”. This marks his ninth album, a testament to his artistic evolution and an immersive journey into the world of poetic art blended seamlessly with conscious…See More
Oct 3

© 2024   Created by Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service